Re: D-I Manual - Release planned, please update translations

On Thursday 27 April 2006 21:37, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Same for the Spanish translation, that includes both and says that the
> translation is "unofficial" and not valid (legally speaking) but is
> included for reference purposes.

One important difference though: Spanish is an XML-based translation which
gives you the freedom to add additional paragraphs with such a
disclaimer. I don't know if that makes it OK to include an unofficial
translation of a legal text (as I've said before IANAL, and don't really
want to be either), but at least you can make it very obvious _that_ it
is unofficial.

The Vietnamese translation is PO-based, which currently does not give the
same freedom and so even more care should be taken before translating the
appendix.

BTW, the Swedish translation is also PO-based, so I do hope Daniel has
managed to make their note conspicuous enough...