Re: D-I Manual - Release planned, please update translations

Hi Klaus,

On Sunday 16 April 2006 16:54, Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:
> What is the status for Norwegian Bokmaal (nb_no)?
>
> I might voluntair, if nobody else has already.

I'm not aware of any translation for Norwegian Bokmaal. All existing
active (or not so active) translations are listed on [1]. There you can
also find links to information on how to get started.

You have the choice between two translation methods: direct translation of
XML files or PO based translation. The last is slightly preferred for new
translations, but both are supported.

Note that some chapters may yet get a rewrite for Etch, so it'd be best to
leave those till last.

Having some people willing to review and correct your translation is very
much recommended.

Please contact me if you really do want to start translation as I need
some information to set up daily builds.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/