Re: Ensuring Quality in Ubuntu Translations

On 12/04/2006, at 7:29 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

That's an interesting point which can be easily summarized as "no
matter the tool, the work method is way more important".

I posted about this on the rosetta-users list. It had come up, due to the delightful fact that I now have some co-translators in the kde-vi project :) so we have instituted some cooperative QA.

This consists, as in at least some teams here, of experienced translators assigned to review files and to approve files for upload. (No file is uploaded/committed which has not been reviewed and approved.)

The idea of anyone who can login being able to overwrite translations for later use is really worrying: I know Pootle has had project- specific and file-specific permissions for some time now. I certainly wouldn't be using it if they didn't.