Re: Applying to be DD (was: Re: Rewording of NM-corner (WAS: Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006)

On 4/9/06, Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 09 April 2006 13:38, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > Well, given the history of NM waiting we will need tons and tons of popcorn
> > :)
>
> I know that this was ment as a joke.

Indeed.

> But still, repeating over and over again, that NM/DAM/NEW/FOO/BAR is slow,
> doesnt make it faster.

True, but _I_ can't make it any faster.

> And because we're humans, it might even make it slower: either because people
> instead of actually doing stuff get involved in silly^wuseless threads,

that shouldn't be the case for people who know already that they are
busy, unless they like being busy all the time by postponing what they
should do (I am ignoring direct accusations, to which I think one
should respond)

> or
> because we're social beings, some might+will this perceive as personal
> accusations, and therefore indeed work slower on "your" interests.

If postponing is done on purpose, then this proves that the person in
question should be replaced. The only way that accusation that "X is
slow" to be removed is to make things work faster (especially for
discontent people, until the whole process becomes faster by itslef -
i.e. repairing the whole process).

P.S.: Taking into account I have applied a few days ago I find this
really disturbing, and because _is_known_ that NM/DAM/... is slow, I
can't accuse anyone of bad faith, in case my application takes a long
time, can I?

--
Regards,
EddyP