Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

Thanks for your reply, Kevin. :)

On 03/04/2006, at 4:25 PM, Kevin Mark wrote:

from my perspective there are various strata to the Debian world:
people who help on debian-* mailing lists, people who help on #debian-*,
people who help with translation, people who evangalize debian, people
who sell debian branded merchandise, people who have debian-related user
groups, etc. And last but not least, those who have their uploads
sponsored by a Debian Developers. And then the 'official' members with
@debian.org email addresses. Those require a very high level of
technical skill and limit the participation to those who vote, as I
skimmed from recent -devel posts, there is not a high turnout for many
votes (from what I have read). Others have suggested that there could be
a tiered system of membership in debian, from more techical to less. I
like that idea. I think people in the various stata should be allow to
vote on issues that affect them.

That sounds good to me, too, Kevin. There was a good deal of emphasis on effective communication in this year's DLP platforms, and that affects all of us. It's an issue which has come up a great deal when dealing with new users, and encouraging participation in general. I'd really like some say on this, at least.

I'm glad my work does rank somewhere in Debian! :D