Re: Should nonbreakable space belong to whitespace class?

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:37:36PM +0100, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

> Isn't the real problem that Miroslav should have used '\b'
> to identify the boundary between word and non-word text or
> '[:^word:]' to identify all non-word characters.

Not really, because I wanted to match the whitespace before the
"text", where "text" does not necessarily belong to the word class --
it can also start with a dot, which would be consumed by your
suggestion.

Of course there are many solutions to overcome this *after* you
realize that not everything what looks like a whitespace is a
whitespace. In my case I chaged the matches from \s* to (\s| )*

--
Miroslav Kure