Re: Should NAME be translated in localized man pages?

Nicolas François wrote:
bubulle@debian.org wrote:

So, is this correct or are these man pages wrong?

IMHO, it should be translated...at least for some languages.

Here is an extract from the lexgrog.l file:
[...]

How complicated would it be to make these translations a part of the POT file for the tool and convert them from PO to lexgrog.l format as a part of the package build process? It will make life easier for the translators, but will it complicate life more for the package maintainers?

I guess the same stands for DESCRIPTION, SYNOPSIS, SEE ALSO, etc.

I don't know of any tools using these sections. If there is none, they should be translated.

It would make sense to let the tool that checks "NAME" check the other headers as well.

Jacob
--
»Fordi citronhalvmåner skal bages ved 180°«