Re: Parsing ../10n/material/data/ files

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 09:08:54AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

Hi Christian

> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/debian-l10n co dl10n
>
> Here you'll find tools which can parse the above material as weel as
> parse mailing lists for especially crafted messages so that the
> activity on debconf translations (or other translations) can be
> followed.

Yes I have seen it before.  I didn't think that the perl scripts in
there could parse the 'unstable' package file (only the messages in the
mailing lists) but I'll read more carefully this time.

> The French and Dutch teams use this system. Some other teams
> also (ar, tr, ca). Feel free to ask for details around here.
>
> Results are pages like:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~bertol/fr.by_status.html
> http://people.debian.org/~bertol/fr.by_type.html
>
> You can look at the debian-l10n-french mailing list archives to
> understand the system of control messages.

The trouble I think is that the portuguese mailing list already has use
for those control messages but for the brazilian translators (and not
the portuguese).  So using it would at the same time would result in
confusion on both parts.

> http://people.debian.org/~bertol/pseudo-urls.html gives details.

Yes.  :-)

I have been following your upgrades on gluck (and other machines) and
wish you good luck.

Sincere regards
Marco