Re: [D-I] Some translations for Choices in Select/Multiselect templates may be too long

On Sunday 20 March 2005 15:43, Georgi Stanojevski wrote:
> I think that the english original for "s390-netdevice.templates:6" is
> also longer then 65 columns. the second choice from "lcs: qeth:..." is
> 77 columns.
>
> What do I do with the translation? I really can't trim it more than the
> original. :)
>
> msgid ""
> "ctc: Channel to Channel (CTC) or ESCON connection, lcs: qeth: OSA-2
> Token" "Ring/Ethernet or OSA-Express Fast Ethernet (non-QDIO), qeth:
> OSA-Express in " "QDIO mode / HiperSockets, iucv: Inter-User
> Communication Vehicle - available " "for VM guests only"

Note that these strings are _only_ shown in English as a S/390
installation at that stage uses a dumb terminal, which means the text
interface is used and no translations (languagechooser currently is not
run during a S/390 installation).

This also means that the length of the strings is not a problem.

Cheers,
FJP