Re: Work on a centralized infrastructure for i18n/l10n

On 23/12/2005, at 3:48 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

there are a number of tools that handle documentation files in xliff
while I don't see how an html manual could confortably (for the
translator that is) be handled as a .po file.

The Debian Installation Guide is...:-)

It's really a matter of convenience, isn't it? My translation editor (LocFactoryEditor for Mac OSX) handles both PO and XLIFF. As long as we can choose our preferred format, we can get on with the work. ;)