Re: A question on checking translations

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 07:08:35AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Sunjae Park (darehanl@gmail.com):
> > I'm almost done translating the packages/po/ko.po file. But there
> > are a few things that I would like to check out. There are a few
> > strings that are marked fuzzy, and frankly I am not confident enough
> > to 'unfuzzy' them until I can see what content the strings are used
> > in. Is there any advice in this?
>
> "podebconf-display-po file.po" can help you in some cases.... This
> command comes along with the po-debconf package.

But I suppose Sunjae Park is talking about the master po file that
aggregates all the messages.  To use podebconf-display-po, he has to get
the individual po files at packages/<package_name>/debian/po/ko.po,
doesn't he?

I usually just look at the debconf template at
packages/<package_name>/debian/*.template, to get some idea about the
context.

Ming
2005.10.12