Re: FireFox does not allow me to insert diacritics

30 вересня 2005 о 19:54 +0300 Eddy Petrişor написав(-ла):
> Hello all,
>
> I am writing here as I feel this is more appropriate than a debian-users list.
>
> I have the problem in the subject.
> The problem is that in any entry field on any web page I try to insert
> diacritics, FF will not allow me.
>
> I have the localization package installed, I have proper fonts
> (DejaVu) installed and configured in the browser (all diacritics
> appear), but I can't insert any diacrtics.
>
> If I copy/paste a dicaritic, then it is introduced, but I can't do it
> from the keyboard.
>

> All the desktop is localized in Romanian and I can insert diacritics
> just fine in other applications, be them qt based of gtk based.
>

> Can anybody tell me how can I fix this issue (I know is fixable,
> 'cause I have see others inserting diacritics just fine) or if anybody
> has encountered this problem, too?
Does it not allow to insert only Romainian-specific characters? Does it
allow to insert other more common characters with diacritics? I've seen
this with some Ukrainian characters in the past and needed to make patch
for it to work (mozilla* have hardcoded lists of symbols in them). Also
it may be due incorrect locale, but you use correct one, aren't you?

--
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov

Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University
Information and Computing Centre
http://icc.univ.kiev.ua