Re: New translation coordinator for Icelandic

On 13/09/2005, at 3:25 AM, David Geirsson wrote:

The new language process for Icelandic is just about complete, so
translation will start soon. I will take the role of language
coordinator, and try to find more people interested in translating.

Anyway, on a less formal note, my name is Davíð, I'm 20 years old
and I live in Reykjavík. I study electronics at a local college.
Although this is the first time I take an active role in the debian
project, I have been a user for around four years now.

 Velkomin Davíð!

It's great to have the Icelandic language in Debian! The wonderful thing about the Net in general, and translation projects in particular, is that we can share our languages and cultures so easily from parts of the world as distant as yours and mine. :)

"Debian speaks your language."  :)

We should have a T-shirt made. Do we have a webpage yet, where we say that in all our different languages?

That would be fun, as well as giving any browser's Unicode support a good workout. ;)

Good luck with everything, Davíð, especially your study, your Debian system and the Icelandic Team!