Re: How to update a po file collection when upstream also change them

On 25/08/2005, at 8:26 AM, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote (severely in part):

I guess that yes, the central DB should pin-point these issues.

I think that the central database can also help the translators by including the contact details for upstream with the po file. Perhaps using the "Space For Rent" a.k.a the header:

Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: (usually empty :( )

I'm only just starting out on non-Installer/debconf files, and I would appreciate having a procedure for dealing with upstream, knowing where to start and what I should do to avoid any clashes or confusions.

After all, how does the translator know if a package is an internal Debian package or external?

Please forgive my ignorance if these things are obvious: I've read the Installer translation docs, but haven't found a general doc for translating other packages, yet.