Re: SVN problem committing D-I Level 1 :(

Thanks for your reply, Christian :)

On 29/08/2005, at 2:48 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Well, I guess you're talking about the POT-Creation-Date...

Yes indeed. :)

This is something I still have to work on, ie make POT-Creation-Date
dynamic and change it to the date the templates really changed.

However, given the way the header is generated, this is kinda tricky
and currently low priority task.

I hope you do have the time to get to it sometime, because it's, in my opinion, the most effective way to check quickly if your translation is up-to-date, e.g. on debconf files as discussed here before (since neither version numbers nor presence in the update table are definitive evidence of untranslated changes).

Should we vote you another holiday? :D

Usually, these "out of date" messages mean that the local copy has a
revision number which is lower than the revision number of the remote
copy, meaning that the PO file was changes while you were updating it
(probably because of the l10n-sync script work).

One solution in that case is putting your vi.po file aside, then run
"svn update" on your local copy, then bring your new vi.po file in
place and run "msgmerge -U vi.po template.pot". Then commit....

Thanks, Christian, I'll try comitting it later, and if that doesn't work, I'll do what you suggest. My brain is leaking badly at the seams right now, with both Gnome and Debian about to release, and anything more complex than pressing Commit in my text editor is a bit beyond me... :(

I think, after the double release, I'll do some documentation. Something both interesting and soothing. And work on my manpage project. But I digress. ;)