Re: SVN problem committing D-I Level 1 :(

On 29/08/2005, at 7:36 PM, Frans Pop wrote:

Why are you downloading the files from ~seppy? This is not really the way
you are supposed to work with an SVN repository.
The better way to do this is to 'svn up' the repository and edit the file
thus updated and then commit the same file back to the repository.
Please use the repository as the "authoritative" source for master PO
files.

It may be that some changes are visible on ~seppy but are not yet visible
in the SVN repository. This is just the result of different scripts
running at different times. In that case, just svn up again later.

(If others don't agree with me, feel free to correct.)

Thanks for your help. :) I'm downloading from ~seppy because last time I tried to edit the file via updating SVN, the file did not show the recent changes I was supposed to edit. I don't remember what people here decided was the problem, but downloading the file from the status page was a workaround.

No point updating the file if the changes aren't in it. I'll try submitting it again later, thanks.