Re: SVN problem committing D-I Level 1 :(

On Monday 29 August 2005 05:58, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> 1 file had some new changes, I downloaded the vi.po file from the
> master list, which had the date 28/8:
> http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/level1/master/
[...]
> I saved the edited file in the correct SVN dir., then tried to commit
> it. I don't really understand the error msg: is it the SVN equivalent
> of a CVS "file is not up-to-date" msg.?

Why are you downloading the files from ~seppy? This is not really the way
you are supposed to work with an SVN repository.
The better way to do this is to 'svn up' the repository and edit the file
thus updated and then commit the same file back to the repository.
Please use the repository as the "authoritative" source for master PO
files.

It may be that some changes are visible on ~seppy but are not yet visible
in the SVN repository. This is just the result of different scripts
running at different times. In that case, just svn up again later.

(If others don't agree with me, feel free to correct.)