Re: Requesting some room to install pootle.debian.org

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Eddy Petrisor wrote:

> On 8/24/05, Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr> wrote:
> > >
> I think this is dealt with elegantly in transdict.

There are several levels of administration:
top administrator - project administrator - aplication administrator -  translator
Each of these have abilities to grant or revoke privileges on translating
application in their domain. No need for email traffic, everything is done
through web interface.

> > In the french team, we came up with very complex methods to get every bit
> > reviewed, since our language is hard enough to make sure that no one can
> > write it right. But I still feel them quite handwork. The translator ask for
> > review on the ML, and people send diffs back. It works well the first time,
> > but when only a bunch of msgid were updated, reviewers either have to review
> > the whole file, or to forget about the file completely.
>
> I am not sure that review support is present in transdict, but I think
> this is not a problem to implement (probably by integrating the
> l10n-bot Debian specific software).

There is a per message review. We used it for lectoring some of the
applications. One can mark message as lectored. On each change to message,
lectored flag is removed, and it has to be lectored again.

> > Another domain where pootle could help is the statistic corner, like
> > w.d.o/intl/l10n Having all translations in a uniq database would allow me to
> > redo the dl10n scripts I were speaking about to Clytie yesterday, and
> > directly display things on a neat web page. That way, it'd be easy to see
> > what's still to be translated or what needs updating.
>
> Transdict also has statistic support (per user, per application and
> some others). Right Denis?

Yes. There is a per project/user/application/custom_date_range type of
statistics, generated dynamicly from database, and also some statistics
generated only once in a while.

> > Then, I'll work on a mail interface to do so, to allow complete offline
> > work. The free tp robot works that way, I hope to be able to steal some code
> > for that.
>
> Probably adding this to the Croatian tool is not hard. And that could
> be done as soon as the public CVS repo is avialable.

It shoudln't be hard, It actually was supported in early versions, but
nobody used it. I have a api for handling .po files, so it's only a matter
of parsing incoming emails.

I just registered using my gmail address: delacko@gmail.com.

--
Denis Lackovic ===> delacko @ fly . srk . fer . hr