Re: Requesting some room to install pootle.debian.org

> I won't personnally focus on online translation features
> and, actually, I don't really care of them for Debian. Our
> translators are used to work offline, and anyway, the
> Debian distributed development mechanism probably doesn't
> fit very well with online translation.

I don't really agree with this. Debian could (should?) create
an online centralized server with translations, which could
then be syndicated via RSS together with some metadata for po
identification.

The other part would be servers with an web application
capable of translating, eg. pootle or something else. The
main point is that Debian creates a simple way to speed up
distribution of translatable strings. Servers could then be
registered as authritative for specific application and could
then submit translations back.

All this would ofcourse stand on software that would support
all the requirements that you have furtherly stated.

At least that's my vision. :)

lp,
g.