Re: Requesting some room to install pootle.debian.org

On 8/23/05, Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr> wrote:

> Ok, right. I guess I should have waited more than 4 days in august between
> asking on debian-i18n and asking on debian-admin. So, please admins forgive
> me and forget about this for now. We'll sort it out on -i18n, and come back
> later.

Probably :)

> [...]
>
> > I would like to be fair and add this remark (a snip from a mail that
> > Denis sent me as a reply)

> Ok. You know it better than I do. And since I don't speak croatian and there
> don't seem to be any source code available yet, I have to rely on your
> advice.

Denis is in the best position to comment about this. I have learned
about the tool during a localization conference held in Belgrad in
July.

> How does your system (how is it called?) compare to pootle? How hard would

Denis just made a request for project (the tool itself) hosting on
alioth under the name transdict. I think the project is not yet
approved, but that's only a matter of time.

> it be to merge the efforts? I saw that your stuff is in Perl while pootle is
> python based, but that's not a big deal, is it?
>
> Did anyone tried both as a user? As a project administrator?

The whole Croatian team, I guess. Denis himself, probably.

--
Regards,
EddyP