Re: Requesting some room to install pootle.debian.org

On 8/23/05, Martin Quinson <mquinson@debian.org> wrote:
> Dear debian administrators,
>
> on behalf of some debian translators and internationalizers, I would like to
> ask you how we could install the pootle software somewhere on the debian
> machines.

I would like to inform you all that there is also another great l10n
framework. It is used by the Croats and developed by Denis (in CC). He
said that he hopes to have it available in a public CVS tree in about
2 weeks.

It is translated in English (the original version was in Croatian).
I was in the middle of "negotiations" with Denis when the Pootle proposal arose.

> This tool is to help online colaborative translation work. Its mainpage is
> over here: http://translate.sourceforge.net/

I think Denis would be the best to explain/list all the features of
the framework, but I think I am not saying anything untrue when I
mention:
- glossary
- previous translations search and suggestions
- lock mechanish for offline work (autodisables after a week)
- online work is possible
- can manage multiple projects
- different statistics (percent, hierarchy between translators)
- embedded translation documentation
- support for translation marathons
- support for OO, Mozilla, and regular PO
- user based access

I think there was also a spell checker there, also, but I am not sure.

An installed system (in Croatian) can be visited at
http://lokalizacija.linux.hr/

> The requirements are listed here:

I don't know the requirements for this software.

> I could of course start a new alioth project for this or put it on gluck at
> least for the begining, but I prefered to as you, admins, where you would
> prefer to see this to be placed.

Apparently there is little documentation for installation, but Denis
hoped that he fixes this problem in the afore mentioned period (2
weeks).

So I would suggest to take this solution into consideration, also.

Denis, please correct anything that I might have misunderstood.

--
Regards,
EddyP