Re: docbook and Arabic/Persian

   First of all, I would not use debiandoc for this. Nor for anything else.
It's kinda deprecated now, and most debian documentations now come in
docbook xml (at least the new debian installer manual does).

OK. I see but lots of debian documents is in the  debiandoc format. Does the community going to drop this format(which I think is  a good idea)  or  want to stick with it.

Then, you must be aware that your "quest", as you say, is not an easy one.
There is good chances that the docbk tool chain works with utf8, but I'm far
less optimistic about the right-to-left thing. An argument in this direction
is: http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

it's translated to japaneese (so, utf8 works), but not to any R2L language.
That's not a definitive proof, just a bad sign :-/

Sorry for not being able to help any further,
Mt.

I know that it is not easy, I just want to initiate a  movement for  R2L support in docbook.  As you said UTF-8 is aupported i the docbook and also there is facilities in this regard in the docbook (Actually it has some kind of dir property) but right know the stysheet ignores it wich I am talking to Walsh for a patch in this regard

--
from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.