Re: docbook and Arabic/Persian

On 8/20/05, Arash Bijanzadeh <arashbi@gmail.com> wrote:
Lets ignore pdf for the moment because AFAIK it is not really supported.  I am CCing Behdad for a better explanation. Let s talk about HTML.
I already done it with standard docbook. Two things needed :
First to mention the document encoding as UTF-8 .
Second a Direction attribute (usually dir tag) for book, para, etc so that it could be generated correctly.
Another important thing is that nsgmls   complains about Persian characters where it face it and throws a warning wich make the debianbook2html break.

What do you think of my quest?

--
from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.