Re: D-I L1 up to date yet?

Thanks for your help, Eugeniy :)

On 19/08/2005, at 10:44 PM, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov wrote:

svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/packages/po level1/ vi.po

Strange line, but it is correct if you expect to find file
level1/vi.po/vi.po .
There may be a problem if you allready have file (not a directory)
level1/vi.po .

If I just want to check out the vi.po file (my disk is a bit full with translation projects, so I'm trying only to checkout the files I need, the translation file and changelog where needed (not for D-I L1), what command should I use, Eugeniy?

still has the date 19/7/05 on it (pre- my last update), and has no
empty or fuzzy strings. :S

After I updated d-i's directory package/po i get:

d-i/packages/po$ LANG=C msgfmt -o /dev/null --check --statistics vi.po
1286 translated messages, 42 fuzzy translations, 44 untranslated
messages.
d-i/packages/po$ grep PO-Revision-Date vi.po
"PO-Revision-Date: 2005-08-10 14:15+0930\n"

Did checkout finish without errors?

Yes, which is weird. Today, I downloaded the level 1 master file from the status page, and although the creation date hadn't changed (still 19/7/05), the changed strings you mention were there at last. I edited the file, saved it into my level 1 directory and committed it successfully. :) I love it when things work. :D

I hope I can get my head around the combination of the status pages and CVS/SNV. Would it be a useful summary to say that I only need to checkout or download the files listed in the status pages, not go looking in CVS or SVN for other branches?

It looks like the file listed in http may be more current than the SVN/CVS, which is also the case at Gnome. Perhaps those status-page files are already msgmerged...?

Я благодарю ы

(Thankyou)