Re: [D-I] Vietnamese soon to be added as supported Debian Installer language

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply, as always, Christian. :)

On 02/07/2005, at 3:58 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

OK, impact on chronically-confused Vietnamese translator: does this
mean there are files with greater translation priority than debconf
(where I have translated from A-N, currently part-way through files
beginning with O)? Do I need to keep an eye on different pages for D-
I files? Is there anything in D-I levels that hasn't been translated
yet into my language, that I should translate?

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/translation-status.html will tell
this to you as soon as I will have sorted out why vi is currently
*not* listed there. I guess that seppy (Dennis Stampfer) is currently
using a special config file for his script that builds this page.

Dennis is actually away IIRC, so you might need to wait for a few days
befdore this is fixed and vi appears there. I'll try to see if I can
fix this but I may have file permisison problems.

Then, you will just need to check from time to time about the various
D-I "levels" translations and send updates when one is not complete.

Thanks: I'll make a note of that (then make a note of where I put the note, etc...)

You really shouldn't lose translators. The first one might be
accidental, but after that, it's carelessness. I suggest you
microchip them on registration. (Do you remember where you left this
translator? Maybe you just put him down somewhere...)

Just lost contact with him. He didn't answer to any of my 5 calls for
translators, either posted here or sent to his individual address.

Maybe he will re-emerge some day, just like the Sebian translator did
recently..:-)

I wonder where they go to ... maybe there's a good subtitled movie on somewhere, or someone's offering free language dictionaries... :D

Back to debconf...

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc