Re: Finding updates

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):
> Hi guys :)

Why not girls ? :-)

> When a .po file I've translated is updated, where can I get it (and
> how do I know)?

What do you mean by "updated". As far asI know the only one who can
update a file is either you oranother vi translator.

> This page here:
>
> http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po/vi
>
> is blindingly out-of-date, many of the "partly done" files having
> been completed quite a while ago, but it also doesn't list any of the
> debconf files, so I'm assuming they are kept and fed elsewhere.

They are kept where you sent them : in the bug tracking system,
waiting for the package maintainer to take care of them.

So, as long as the package maintainer does nos upload a new version of
his/her package, including your updated translation, you still see the
old statistics on the stats page because this is all what is available
to the stats generation scripts.

The enhancements to the stats generation program, which have been
discussed numerously in the recent weeks, are supposed to help you
trancking down this more closely, by use of the control messages sent
to a mailing list, similarlyto the system used by the French and Dutch
team (and soon pt_BR).

At this moment, the tools cannot generate HTML pages : some people are
working on it, to integrate and make more widely available the
experimental things used by the nl and fr teams.

> I know I have to keep an eye on this page for updates to the
> Installer Level 1:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/level1-post-sarge/master/
>
> what about the other Installer levels, and debconf? I'm getting
> confused again. :(

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/translation-status.html (from
memory) has links to nearly every single bit of thing related to d-i
statistics.

Repeat after me: Debian is not, not, not, not a centralized
project. So you heavily depend on the maintainers and the way they
handle updates to their packages.