Re: [D-I] The impact of a new language on Debian Installer

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Well, my analysis was that measuring this is far more difficult with
> the netboot image because as soon as the choose-mirror step is over,
> the installer downloads udebs from the archive....and of course, those
> ones are not including the new language.
>
> Or do I understand wrongly? I'm not sure I understand properly what
> you mean by "the very end of anna run", sorry for that...I'm still
> learning things about D-I..:)

Right, I mean the very end of the download (and install) process for
udebs is where you need to measure to get the full possibly memory
impact of a new language. Of course that's much harder than just adding
a language to the initrd.

--
see shy jo