Re: a couple of aptitude queries :)

CC'ing aptitude maintainer (see the elegant way to do
this...:-)). This is not exactly a bug report, this is why I proceed
this way.

Daniel, Clytie, is the currently hardworking Vietnamese translator and
it seems that she's currently fighting with the huge aptitude PO file...:-)

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):
> Hello everybody :)
>
> Here I am, picking my way carefully through the aptitude file, and
> waiting for the funny questions. So I'll come up with a couple of my
> own:
>
> 1. This string:
>
> > src/cmdline/cmdline_action.cc:92
> > "%s is already installed at the requested version (%s)\n"
>
> "at" is not used in this context: do we mean "with" or "as"?

It always sounded strange to me. As Daniel Burrows, who maintains
aptitude, is IIRC a native ENglish speaker, I think he'll be able to
give a precise answer. I would bet for "with".

> 2. This string:
>
> > src/cmdline/cmdline_prompt.cc:732
> > "Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] "
>
> I've translated "Yes" and "No" separately in this file, but I haven't
> yet seen a translation for Y and n. Does this mean I should not
> translate this to the equivalent in my language? [C/k]

I'm not good at reading code. I usually assume that, in such
situation, the software is localized as well and uses gettext stuff,
hence allowing you to translate this as well.

Reading the relevant code does not make this obvious for me. Daniel?

In the french translation, this has NOT been translated.