Re: Locales, Unicode, NLS, i18n????

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:55:44AM +0100, Renato Serodio wrote:

> Well, looking through the documents got me even more confused - there
> appear to be a lot of ways to implement languages other than english,
> and I'm totally at a loss trying to figure out if, how and why they are
> related.
>
> Can anyone give some pointers to help clear this out? Links to solid,
> reference docs would also be appreciated.

For the locales, we use what comes with glibc. This is best described in
the ISO TR 14652, which is available in
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n972-14652ft.pdf
glibc is not fully implemented this way, but it is pretty close, and it
is the best description we have of the locales.

Best regards
keld