Re: [l10n] pcmcia-cs package needs debconf translations

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 07:11 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I do also think it's not needed. Rather than removing the questions,
> lowering their priority to medium could however be a conservative
> measure.

Yes, of course.

> As default installs are done at high priority, the pcmcia-cs screens
> would then disappear. If they have rock solid defaults, that shouldn't
> be a problem.

But they don't, at least not currently. The defaults I'd like to see
is that the maintainer scripts do mostly nothing. No stopping and
starting of daemons. I think it's the only safe and sane thing to in
this package, because you don't want to lose your Internet connection
just because you're upgrading the pcmcia-cs package, and similar.

What confuses me, though, is why all these questions were added in the
first place. And especially this paragraph:

"WARNING: Removing the PCMCIA modules while a card is in use
(especially for network cards) can cause the kernel to freeze!"

Why would the kernel freeze if you remove a kernel module from the
file system? I don't understand.

> The problem mostly lies with projects using Subversion. Other projects
> with lower activity may quite well rely on Alioth.

But I'd really prefer to use Subversion. Hmm.

--
Pelle