Re: [l10n] pcmcia-cs package needs debconf translations

Quoting Per Olofsson (pelle@dsv.su.se):

> > Some pcmcia-cs package templates appear during a default installation
> > of the base system.
>
> When, exactly? I haven't seen them. I thought it was installed during
> the first stage of the installation, and that packages' debconf
> dialogues weren't shown during that stage.

So did I. But two days ago, I ran an install on VmWare with only the
base system and a few PCMCIA debconf questions appeared.

I'll start another one again and I will tell you when exactly did the
questions appear.

> On a side note, I wonder whether it's really necessary for this
> package to ask any questions at all. But that's nothing I'm going to
> change before sarge is released so don't worry about it.

I do also think it's not needed. Rather than removing the questions,
lowering their priority to medium could however be a conservative
measure.

As default installs are done at high priority, the pcmcia-cs screens
would then disappear. If they have rock solid defaults, that shouldn't
be a problem.

This is not a very invasive change, so it can IMHO be done before
sarge release.

> > Per, if you use a CVS repository for pcmcia-cs, can you give us access
> > details for anonymous checkout? This will help Dennis Stampfer to use
> > it for his translation statistics status page
> > (http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/translation-status.html)
>
> No, sorry, I don't. I suppose I could setup an alioth project if it
> would be helpful to you, but Joey's posting about alioth being dead is
> kind of off-putting.

The problem mostly lies with projects using Subversion. Other projects
with lower activity may quite well rely on Alioth.