cvs access

I have been contacted (an automated message) regarding a hungarian
translation file that I have done in the past. It has somehow landed in the
Debian distribution and a few lines of translation are needed.

Do I need CVS to commit the updated translation (in this case who have I to
contact, what's the CVSROOT, is a SSH key required, etc.) or should I simply
send it to this list (and hope for the best)?
I also signed up for the hungarian translation list, but this one got
confirmed earlier, and as a generic (rather technical) question it might fit
better on this list.

Regards,
Csaba