Re: Request for review, and eventually translations

> Template: clamav-freshclam/extra_groups
> Type: string
>  Please enter any extra groups for clamd.
>  .
>  Clamd runs as a non-priviledged user by default.  If you need clamd to
>  be able to access files owned by another user (e.g., in combination with
>  an MTA), then you will need to add clamd to the group for that piece of
>  software.  Please list the extra groups here.

Just remove the last "Please list...". It sounds useless to me

> Template: clamav-freshclam/local_mirror
> Type: select
> _Choices: local, ar, au, ca, cn, cr, cz, de, dk, fr, hu, id, ie, jp,
nl, pl, pt, se, sg, tr, ua, uk, us

First of all, use "__Choices". See "man po-debconf" for details about
this trick.

> Default: local

Using "_DefaultChoice:" would be great here. Again see "man
po-debconf" for details.

>  Please select the closest local mirror site.
>  .
>  Freshclam updates it's database from a world wide network of mirror
>  sites.  Please select the mirror closest to you.  If you leave it at
>  the default setting, an attempt will be made to provide you with a
>  nearby mirror, but this attempt may not always provide you with the
>  closest mirror site.

Aha. Interesting problem here.

Debian Installer has a somewhat similar problem for choose-mirror.

You need "translating" the country codes. Which, by the way, needs a
en.po file so that people installing in an English speaking
environment get the country names and not the codes.

You also need explaining this to translators. So you should add a note
to translators explaining them they need to "translate" the country
codes to the country names.

Example for French:

ar-->Argentine
fr-->France
hr-->Hongrie
etc.

BUT, I would deeply prefer avoiding translations here. We already have
this information-->in the iso-codes package, we have
countrycode<->country names mapping as well as country names
translations.

However, having all this automatically used is very tricky. I'm in the
process of doing it for choose-mirror and some code has already been
commited to Debian Installer SVN for this.

Well, it's currently probably too tricky for being implemented in
clamav. So just use the "__Choices" trick as well as a note to
translators by inserting a comment before "__Choices" and saying they
have to translate country codes to country names.