Re: Localization framework

Quoting Martin Quinson (mquinson@ens-lyon.fr):

> We could design an opt-in mecanism where packager can use tools to provide
> their package to translators and grab translations in a semi-automated and
> very easy way.

.../...

All what Martin wrote may be considered my own point of view, too..:-)

So, for resuming, let's build our own system with a few packages as
test "infrastructure" and then make the needed lobbying.

I offer my own geneweb package as first "real life" test case for
setting up the first framework.

Geneweb is well maintained (:-)), has a lot of debconf strings and
already existing languages, is maintained on Alioth and his maintainer
is ready for giving some CVS access to well-known translators.....

I have a few other packages in mind for being used as test cases. For
most of them, I already follow the PTS and/or have write access to the
CVS repository when it exists : shadow (no CVS),
console-data/console-common, iso-codes (good for non-debconf
translations), etc.