Re: Translating menu entries

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:39:01PM +0100, Morten Brix Pedersen wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I can answer one of your questions.
>
> * Martin Quinson <mquinson@ens-lyon.fr> [2004-02-12 21:28:21]:
> >  - what is still to be done to get the sections translated?
>
> Sections are translated if you put the line:
>
>     repeat_lang="LOCALE"
>
> into /etc/menu-methods/menu.h.
>
> The reason why this isn't enabled by default, is the fact that some
> window managers doesn't support non-ascii characters in their
> menu-files.
>
> The "outputencoding" variable, which specify the supported encoding by
> the window manager, has been added for this purpose, but needs to be
> added for all menu-methods before we can enable translations by default.
> (outputencoding was recently added to the gnome-panel menu-method).

Is it possible to get the menu translated in several languages, depending on
the user setup, using that schema? I mean generating the menu as root, and
let each user enjoy their locale settings.

Or, to rephrase it, what would the result of repeat_lang="C:en:fr:de:blabla"
be? What about a repeat_lang="*" ?

Thanks for your time, Mt.

--
Each language has its purpose, however humble.  Each language expresses the
Yin and Yang of software.  Each language has its place within the Tao.