Re: Problems with locales and Norwegian

Tobias Toedter <t.toedter@gmx.net> wrote on 01/02/2004 (11:53) :

> Hi,
>
> the answer from Jacob already says it all. I don't know any Norwegian at all,

Yes, but there must be a better way to get a change throughout Debian
than to have to do a bugreport to every package. What I need is to
establish that nb_NO and nn_NO are the official names and then I might
go to the DWN to get teh message out there.

> so just out of curiosity: what is the difference between the two languages?
> Why should the locale be set to Bokmål instead of Nynorsk?

Because they are two different written languages. It is like asking why
should we have German, Austrian and Swiss (german) locales.

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."