Re: Problems with locales and Norwegian

Preben Randhol wrote:
> Tobias Toedter wrote:

> Yes, but there must be a better way to get a change
> throughout Debian than to have to do a bugreport to every
> package. What I need is to establish that nb_NO and nn_NO
> are the official names and then I might go to the DWN to
> get teh message out there.

Somehow getting an official list of locales into the policy
rules might help.  But I think it is a faster short-term
solution to test the programs and report bugs to the package
maintainers.

But the list should be made as to remove old invalid
locales, not to prevent new ones from being supported.

> > so just out of curiosity: what is the difference between
> > the two languages?  Why should the locale be set to
> > Bokmål instead of Nynorsk?
>
> Because they are two different written languages. It is
> like asking why should we have German, Austrian and Swiss
> (german) locales.

Bad example.  Although both languages are Germanic in
origin, French in Belgium and Flemish in Belgium is a much
better example.

Jacob
--
»USA fights for the right of the individual.«
»Yes.  Those of the individual George W. Bush.«