Re: Big picture of localization?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 06:09:41PM +0200, Miroslav Kure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask if someone is creating "Big picture of localization"
> for Debian?

Not yet.

> I mean particulary translations: What must be translated and where
> could one find it?
>
> As far as I've investigated, I've found several places:
>
> 1. Installer system in cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot:
>  * .po files under debian-installer directory (1st stage)
[...]

The .po files stored in the CVS repository are sometimes outdated
if the templates file is modified before your translation is
committed.  You might have a look at
    http://gluck.debian.org/~barbier/d-i/l10n/cs/
which contains up-to-date informations (i.e. statistics are gathered
after running debconf-updatepo).  The cs.po file contains all
translations and is useful to detect inconsistencies.

Denis