Re: Conference at debconf on i18n/l10n: ideas? suggestions?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:12:35AM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm going to give a talk at debconf regarding i18n/l10n projects "early" in
> > the morning sunday [1]. I wanted to know if people at -i18n feel that the
> > following issues which I wanted to talk about cover sufficiently l10n/i18n
> > in Debian (sorry if it's not fully understandable, it's a draft atm):
>
> Are there any people who will attend Debconf and are interested in
> relatively complex processing, including support of:

I'm not sure if there is anyone. In any case those issues are not
completely debian-specific. However I will make sure to point to your
excellent DDP document (intro-i18n) for encoding issues (which I don't
master, BTW)

> Unfortunately I cannot attend the Debconf, but the recent improvement
> of debconf package (will be available in a few days on Sid, as debconf
> version 1.3.0) would be an example what additional work and attention
> are needed for internationalized softwares.
> See http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/mojibake/debconf

I have seen those changes to debconf (and some of the issues still
standing) and will try to mention them too.

Regards

Javi