Re: test of debconf po files and some questions...

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:10:39AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:12:37AM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > Hello Joey, hello i18n
> >
> > I make the first files from the ddtp db.
> >
> > Please look at http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/maintainer and you will
> > see a list of all package maintainers with debconf templates. On the
> > pages you will find a list of debconf po file links.
> [...]
> > Please can someone test some po files?
>
> If I look at apt-listchanges,
>   http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/fr
> tells that it is 100% translated, whereas
> http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/template_unstable/apt-listchanges/templates-fr.po
> has 1 untranslated string.  The former seems to be right, the missing string
> is indeed translated in /var/lib/dpkg/info/apt-listchanges.templates

ok. I found a little bug in the update script.

> In base-config, French translation is also complete, but not on your site.

ok, I don't find this bug now...

> Moreover the base-config/use-ppp template translation is wrong.

Is this fixed now?

> Other problems:
>   * You only include Description fields.

Yes, I know this. But this is not a 'big' problem. I will add this
later, if I found the other bugs...

>   * Spaces are missing in multiline messages

in a other mail, someone say 'remove all this spaces...'

What is the right form:

|msgid ""
|"If you want to revisit this setup process at a later date, just run"
|"/usr/sbin/base-config."
|msgstr ""
|"Quand vous voudrez recommencer ce processus de configuration, tapez"
|"simplement /usr/sbin/base-config."
or
|msgid ""
|"If you want to revisit this setup process at a later date, just run "
|"/usr/sbin/base-config. "
|msgstr ""
|"Quand vous voudrez recommencer ce processus de configuration, tapez "
|"simplement /usr/sbin/base-config. "
or
|msgid ""
|"If you want to revisit this setup process at a later date, just run "
|"/usr/sbin/base-config."
|msgstr ""
|"Quand vous voudrez recommencer ce processus de configuration, tapez "
|"simplement /usr/sbin/base-config."

one other question: have we a nice tool to merge two po files?
  (one po file with the translation A, B, C, D, one other with A, B, E,
  F and you get one po file with A, B, C, D, E, F and some comments
  about the difference of the translation from A...)

Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Endweder konsequent oder inkonsequent, aber 'ned immer hin und her.