Re: what format should a translated template file be send to maintainer?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 05:55:38PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 06:00:37PM -0800, Junaedi Kartawijaya wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I've translated some template files (available at l10n pages).
> > But before I send it to each of the maintainer, what kind of format or
> > maybe the layout of the file should be?
> >
> > Should I do "diff -u template.orig template" anda send the result or
> > just send the whole lot (translated template)?
>
> I have just written a help page about l10n of Debconf templates files:
>    http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/hints.en.html
>
> This is the first draft from my own experience, so there may be errors or
> omissions, fixes are welcome.

Oh, nice pages.

But Denis add a link to
  http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/index-XX.html or
  http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/index.html
We have a lot of bug reports with translations. Please help the
translator to avoid double work.

Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Make a software that is foolproof, and someone will make a better fool.