what format should a translated template file be send to maintainer?

Dear all,

I've translated some template files (available at l10n pages).
But before I send it to each of the maintainer, what kind of format or
maybe the layout of the file should be?

Should I do "diff -u template.orig template" anda send the result or
just send the whole lot (translated template)?

TIA,

Junaedi