Re: problems with the translated description...

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 05:16:02PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> We receive mails from people without technical skills running potato
> who ask how to help with Debian translation.  So in my mind everything
> should be done to ease their work.  Asking them to install a newer apt
> then retrieving descriptions is not satisfactory, even if it is quite
> trivial.
> If you want only skilled developers to work on translations, I will
> disagree but respect your point of view,.

The work should be ease for everyone.

And IMHO the mail interface ist ease and the translator has normal
technical skills.

I can only speak for the german part. In the german group we have
20-30 translators and this are almost normal debian user. Some with
potato, some with testing or newer. They don't translate all
description, but if a tranlator get 9 description he translate 7-8 and
this is IMHO ok.

> > If you have improvements, ask, I can (maybe) put this improvement into
> > practice.
>
> The reason why I posted these messages is because Jaime posted very
> interesting improvements (from my point of view, to help newbies getting
> involved) and you did not want to hear from them.

sorry, but have I miss a mail or have I forgot a mailed improvement?

Can you give a hint/url or a forward per Mail. Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
"Herr, schmeiss Hirn vom Himmel ... ;-)" "Wozu? es wuerde vermutlich ohnehin
 die falschen Treffen... ;-)"        -- Hannes Birnbacher und Juergen Ilse