Re: problems with the translated description...

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 10:44:59AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 01:52:53AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 03:34:38PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > > Em Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:02:45 +0200
> > > Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> escreveu:
> [...]
> > > and: "why can't we choose what descriptions we're going to
> > > translate? why is it random?"
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > You can. make this:
> > apt-cache show XXXX
> > cut and paste the description in a file and add the translated
> > description and send the whole thing to the server as attachment.
>
> All translators do not run unstable.

This is all not the problem.

1.) with the new apt, you can run testing and get description with
    apt-cache from sid
2.) I can edit the server and make a new command like 'get de
    $PACKAGENAME'
3.) The package descriptions are a moving target, but the description
    is not moving all days. If you translate a potato description,
    othen this is ok, and if not, the server save all parts and othen
    only one part is changes.
4.) You can download the description by hand from every debian mirror.

I think you are seraching problmes sometimes and you don't like
translated description or my service...

If you have improvements, ask, I can (maybe) put this improvement into
practice.

Gruss
Grisu
"The official mascot of this operating system is the Linux Penguin.
 Know why he's smiling? He's a Linux user!" on www.msnbc.com/news/191174.asp