Coordination with GNU Translation Project

How does Debian coordinate its i18n efforts with the GNU Translation Project?
It seems like a lot of translation work on upstream packages never reach
Debian. If I got it right, it's an awful waste.

I just compared the list of Debian gettext'ed (*.po) programs translated into
Danish: http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-da

to the GNU Translation Project list of .po-files for the Danish language:
http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?team=da

It turned out, that several existing (and old) Danish translations in the
latter has never reached the Debian packages. I suppose this may be a general
problem.
These Danish translations is absent in Debian:

a2ps
id-utils
grep
make
texinfo
ptx   (in Debian textutils package)
gcc  (does not appear in the Debian list)
indent  (does not appear in the Debian list)
libc  (does not appear in the Debian list)
m4  (does not appear in the Debian list)
sed   (does not appear in the Debian list)
wdiff  (does not appear in the Debian list)

Is there any coordination between the two projects?

Claus

--
Claus Hindsgaul