Re: step by step HOWTO switch debian installation into utf-8

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 02:59:02PM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> David Starner <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org>:
> >
> > Yes and no. It will go into a UTF-8 display mode fine, but it doesn't
> > autodetect UTF-8 as the current charset, nor can I find anyway to
> > permenately set UTF-8 as the display charset.
>
> At least with some versions of Lynx, in some configurations, you can
> type 'o' to get the Options Menu, where you can choose "Display
> character set" = "UNICODE (UTF-8)", and

Sure.

> "Accept Changes" saves the
> configuration in ~/.lynxrc, I think, so you get it each time.

Nope. strace says it opens .lynxrc (RONLY), but it doesn't seem
to save anything, and if you go to the options menu and select
"Check your lynx.cfg", it brings up /etc/lynx-ssl.cfg.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and