Re: step by step HOWTO switch debian installation into utf-8

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:13:21AM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> By the way, does the current version of Lynx work correctly in a UTF-8
> locale, modulo graphical glitches? If it does, there's no need to
> mention it, but you used to need to configure it a bit to make it work
> in a UTF-8 xterm, which would be worth mentioning if it's still the
> case.

Yes and no. It will go into a UTF-8 display mode fine, but it doesn't
autodetect UTF-8 as the current charset, nor can I find anyway to
permenately set UTF-8 as the display charset.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and