Re: A utf-8 test (was Problem with iso8859 on xterm/with man(1))

Once upon a time, I heard Marco d'Itri say

> On May 24, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> wrote:
>
>  >My patched version of slang went into unstable recently. If it doesn't
>  >cause too many problems, maybe it will go into testing eventually, and
>  >maybe Debian's Mutt could then be linked with it instead of ncurses.
> I remember I switched from slang to ncurses to fix some display
> problems, so I'd like to hear some good arguments to change again.
> Do you know about the experimental UTF-8 support in ncurses 5.1?

If you switch mutt to link with slang I probably have to recompile mutt my
self since the package slang+utf patch has a problem with Thai character. It
does not render character with width=0, at least that was the problem when
I use slrn with patched slang.

Chanop
--
| May Debian be with you ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ chanop@debian.org|