Re: man-db locale support

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 09:05:23AM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> >    As result, people (depending on their's tastes) use something like:
> >
> >        LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
> >        LANG=ru_RU.CP1251
> >        LANG=ru_RU.IBM866
> >    or just
> >        LANG=ru
>
> I suppose LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 is right out of the question, is it?
To be honest, I do not know. :)  LIBC6 converts the encoding name into internal
representation, so in case of UTF-8, it will check for existance a directory
called `.UTF-8', and then `.utf8'.

As for the UTF-8, I do not know whether UTF-8 is well supported by other
programs.  So, it's too early to use it, I believe.

--
Mike