Re: man-db locale support

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 11:00:38AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> But if one set LANG environment to ja_JP.ujis, this man-db does not
> search man/ja/ tree. So LANG=ja is required.
> I have found that following change is done between 2.3.10-69i
> and 2.3.10-69j:
> Why did you comment out these lines ? Many users who use Japanese
> may set their LANG environment to ja_JP.ujis.

See bug#39281

I think we need to define a policy.
Some people wants to use only the language code, other seems to need the
full range of options.
Sometimes it depends on the local HOWTO author, and on his preferences

Anyway, I've just uploaded -69k with a change in the search of the directory.
Now it should find manpages in ja even with LANG=ja_JP.ujis .

Let me know.